Common contract disputes and the types of litigation claims associated with those contracts include:
- Real property sales and purchase contracts.These contracts frequently give rise to claims for breach of contract, specific performance, constructive trust, improper disclosures, and fraud.
- Real estate lease agreements.Commercial lease and residential lease contracts give rise to claims for breach of contract, fraud, and unlawful detainer.
- Construction.These contracts often give rise to disputes over timing of performance, adequacy of performance, and payment obligations, frequently expressed as breach of contract, negligence and/or fraud.
- Employment Agreements.Termination of employment and/or change of employment status frequently give rise to claims of discrimination, breach of contract, and/or breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
- Agency contracts.Agency agreements frequently give rise to disputes over performance of fiduciary duties, disclosures, and/or payment.
- Partnership agreements.Like agency agreements, partnership agreements frequently give rise to disputes about fiduciary duties, disclosures, and/or payment. Claims are expressed as actions for accounting, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Purchase and saleSuch agreements often give rise to issues over timing of performance, quality of goods, and payment.
- Licensing Agreements.These agreements frequently give rise to litigation over trade secrets and other confidential information.